1. To confirm your cruise booking, please send us a deposit of 25% or £100, whichever is the greater. The balance will be due 90 days before departure & we will send you a reminder about two weeks before it is due. Your payments will be held in a trust (client) account until your cruise is complete so in the event of financial failure before departure all your payments will be refunded. We may decline any booking without assigning any reason & we cannot accept bookings for children under 12 or for pets. All prices are inclusive of VAT.
2. Passengers are entitled to cancel their booking by giving written notice & they will be given refunds subject to the cancellation fees shown below. We cannot provide any refund if passengers do not give written notice of cancellation or they fail to take the specific cruise on which they are booked. If you have to cancel your cruise, we will not be liable for any other costs or losses you may incur (for example, hotel fees & flight charges) aside from any refund from us. Should we be able to resell your cabin prior to sailing we will refund your monies, less the administration charge outlined below & less any difference between the price you had paid for the cruise & the price we managed to resell the cabin for (if lower). Wholly unforeseen events may result in you having to cancel, so we strongly advise you to take out appropriate comprehensive accident & cancellation insurance well before your cruise.
3. If you book with us via telephone we will send you a copy of these booking conditions by post as soon as reasonably practicable. Within 14 days of you making such a booking you will be entitled to cancel without charge. After this 14 day period has elapsed the usual cancellation terms as outlined in paragraph 2 above will apply. No rights to any refund will apply for telephone bookings made within 45 days of a cruise.
4. If we cancel the sailing before departure due to circumstances beyond our control or as a result of an error by us, we will return your payments in full or offer an alternative cruise. If we shorten a cruise due to circumstances beyond our control, we will, at your option, provide a refund proportional to the cruise time lost or offer an alternative cruise for the equivalent time. In these circumstances you will have no further claim against us for any reason whatsoever & we will not be liable for personal expenses you may have incurred as a result of your booking with us such as travel tickets, travel insurance, hotels, fuel, etc.
5. The cruise programme and outside tours may be altered by us or the Captain of your vessel to suit the river conditions, weather, mechanical breakdown or unexpected closures of attractions. On such occasions we will notify you of any change as soon as we can after we become aware of it. In the event of a route change we will still provide the normal programme of accommodation, meals & entertainment & an alternative programme of guided tours but no refunds will be made. We will try to provide the normal cruise but due to the nature of cruises this cannot be guaranteed if the river conditions, weather or mechanical difficulties make it unsafe or if local attractions are temporarily unavailable for tours. Any decision to alter the cruise programme will be at the discretion of us or the Captain of your vessel.
6. We reserve the right to terminate a passenger’s cruise if the Captain, in his sole discretion, believes that passenger is: disturbing the quiet enjoyment of other passengers; endangering anybody on board; threatening to damage the vessel; or causing unreasonable inconvenience to the crew. In any such event, we will not provide any refund. Passengers will be liable to reimburse us for any damage they may cause to the vessel, furnishings or equipment. No smoking is permitted in any inboard areas of our vessels. As in any hotel, drinks & food brought on board may not be consumed in public areas.
7. Passengers with limited mobility, special dietary requirements, special medication needs or poor health should call us before making a booking. We cannot take responsibility for the consequences of not being informed about the special requirements of any guest. We cannot accept passengers who are especially frail, incontinent, acutely unwell or suffering Dementia. The Captain may refuse to carry any passenger or luggage for any reason related to the safety of the vessel or other people on board. In such event the passenger will not be entitled to any compensation or refund if they have not discussed the issue with us in advance.
8. Save for liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees we will not be liable for sickness, damage to personal property, loss or delay in any form. We & our employees are covered by Public Liability insurance up to a maximum of £10 million per event.
9. In the unlikely event that you have a complaint during your cruise please report it quickly so we may deal with it promptly. Whilst reasonable effort is made to ensure that our brochures & publicity materials are accurate, we will not be liable for any inaccuracies or omissions. We reserve the right to change our terms & conditions if required to do so by law or any code of practice & will notify you of any such change. Where such a change results in an increase in the price of your cruise or a material change to your detriment, for example the imposition of a fuel surcharge, we will notify you of such a cost & you will be entitled to cancel your booking & receive a full refund of any monies paid. If discounts are offered, only one discount can be applied to any cruise up to a maximum of 4 passengers in any one booking & they may not be used in conjunction with any other special offer.
10. Any personal data or information you provide to us will only be processed in connection with providing our services to you. Please be assured that we only ever use personal information provided in the performance of our services & to inform you of similar services that we provide that we feel may be of interest to you. We will not sell or pass your details on to any third party.
Before final balance is due: Full refund of payments made less £45/passenger administration costs.
45-90 days before sailing date: 25% of total booking
Less than 45 days before sailing date: No refund applicable.
We recommend contacting Cancellation Plan to advise you on a suitable policy to cover our cancellation charges, subject to their terms and conditions and excess payments. See overleaf 'Step Five: Take out Insurance’.
Date change (only permitted before the final balance is due): £45 per booking. Address change: No charge
Credit & premium charge card payments: 2% of transaction. Debit card & cheque payment: No charge